Monday, February 7, 2011

I Blew a Gasket!

Well I did it and I'm not proud of it.

I threw a fit....... on FB. I went there.

I got so worked up, that I vented via the world wide web.

At the time, it felt right. I NEEDED someone to agree with me, and I got it. This outburst was so out of character, and even tho at the time of that post it felt good- now it's not the case. I let a couple of  people get the best of me.
See these kids?


No matter how old they are, they're always going to be my babies. I have good respectful kids, and I'm so proud of that. Each are so different. I have the "yes ma'am"/ "no sir" kids, and I LOVE that. They've been raised to participate 100% or not at all. We NEVER quit,  God is the answer, family comes 1st, and think before you react.

Lulu. Anyone that knows this child, can tell you that she goes hard in all that she does. She prides herself on being the best. As I've blogged a couple of weeks ago, she hurt her finger. After our visit this morning with Dr. Winton, it's almost set in stone that she is going to have surgery in order to fix her injury. It's so crushing. Last season in softball, she earned All-District Honors and made a name for herself. Softball season has now begun here @ CHS Needless to say, this injury couldn't have come at a worse time, but she's gonna work through it. It won't keep her down.

She's right-handed. Her index finger is in a splint, and her arm now in a sling to help with the swelling. Writing is next to impossible. She attempts to do it, and if she is able to get something down on paper, you won't be able to read it.

For a week now, she's had one particular teacher that nags and complains about her penmanship. When she offered to help her, it's comes with eye-rolling, deep sighing and a short tone. Childish isn't it?

This child is handicapped for the time being, and she can't help it. So, today after our Dr's visit, we went to the HS and talked to principal about this lil' problem. He was very helpful, and together we were sure that we could come up with a solution. Less than an hour of being at school, I get a text from Lulu telling me that a completely different teacher accused her of cheating because she had someone writing things down on her paper. Seriously? Such a sick feeling to know your child is upset, over something that shouldn't be a big issue. Teachers are suppose to be there to teach, mentor and help our children.

Unfortunately, there are some that have NO business working with kids.

That's why I lost it. My child was made felt like she was a burden, a slacker & a cheat. She's NONE of those things.


This pic was taken this past weekend. She left the sling off because it just didn't go with her dress. Notice that her BF has a case on his hand too. Hang in there sweet Lulu, you are gonna make it through this. God has his arms wrapped around you really tight :))

1 comment:

  1. That makes me angry for you! Teachers who get to the point where they can no longer love children.... they need to leave the classroom.

    And, teacher to teacher, I would tell them that.

    Yes, there are kids out there that are... *cherubs.* But, you can't judge all kids because of the one bad seed. And even the bad seeds deserve chance after chance after chance to prove themselves that they have hope.... then they look to the teacher, any teacher to confirm that YES there is always hope!

    Teachers should treat other children the way they want their children to be treated.

    UGH! I'm just TICKED for you.

    You document the tar out of this. This is something you can take to the school board. Be sure to dot your I's and cross your T's. Go through all the proper avenues..... talk to teacher, talk to lead teacher, talk to counselor, talk to principal. Get anecdotal records from other teachers, as to her character.....

    Prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete